- Surender Redhu awarded TCS Fellowship. Congrats Surender.
- Paper on Localization using visible light accepted at Springer WPC
Journal. Congrats Omjee.
- Dr. Sudhir Kumar, Alumni of WSN lab is now Asst. Professor in EE at IIT Patna.
- Two poster papers accepted at Comsnets. Congrats OmJee Pandey and Surender Redhu
- Joint work with Oxford WSN Lab on Fingerprinting based Localization accepted at Elsevier Ad-Hoc Networks Jounal.
- Omjee’s Paper on small world networks accepted at NCC 2016
- Sudhir successfully defends his Ph.D Thesis. Congrats Dr. Sudhir Kumar.
- Sudhirs Paper accepted at Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal.
- Sudhir’s Paper accepted at Asilomar 2015
- Paper on sensor node tracking accepted at Elsevier Ad-Hoc Networks Journal. Congrats to Sudhir.
- Sudhir’s Paper on Cognitive WSN Accepted at IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing
The focus of the Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) Lab at IIT Kanpur is on building ad-hoc autonomous sensor networks which are capable of self organizing themselves depending on the particular application. Developing algorithms that are novel, computationally simple and suitable for real time deployment is the primary objective. Another aspect being addressed for the development of the lab is the social relevance of the applications in the Indian context and conditions. The Lab is equipped with a variety of National Instruments and Cross Bow WSN nodes and gateways .
Technical Areas of Focus
- Mobile Beacon and Node Localization using array processing methods
- Mobile beacon tracking using signal processing methods
- Self organizing autonomous sensor networks with random geometry
- Distributed Multi sensor data fusion
- Situation aware multi modal sensor and cell phone networks
Socially Relevant Application Areas
- Agriculture sensing and monitoring
- Agriculture Information Dissemination
- Multi-sensory Agricultural Networks
- Vehicular detection, classification, and monitoring over WSNs
- Self Organizing vehicular networks
A typical Schematic WSN setup at the Lab